|Translated by Xenia Polushkina, Omsk|
An active land development was started in the 16th century.
After Ermak’s campaign in Western Siberia new cities started to appear one by one: Tyumen (1586), Tobolsk (1587), Tara (1594), Obdorsk which is Salekhard now (1595), and Tomsk (1604).
Tobolsk has become the centre of the country.
Worring about the strengthening of the security of the Siberia’s western borders the voivodes of Tara Yuri Shexovski and Mixail Kaisarov send the tzar the petition asking the permission for building new fortress on the confluence of two rivers the Irtysh and the Om.
In the year 1716, the founder of Omsk fortress, lieutenant colonel Ivan Dmitrievich Buchholz was sent in the area.
The detachment has been sent by Peter I to Siberia for building new strongholds and searching for trade routes to India and China.
The first Omsk fortress build by Buchholz’s people on the left bank of the Omi existed for more than 50 years.
In 1768-1771 at the initiative of the commander of Siberian corps general I. I. Springer the new fortress on the right bank of Om was built.
It occupied much more place and it had more perfect protective engineering structures.
In the year 1782 Omsk fortress received the status of provincial military circular city of Tobolsk vicariate (up to 1797).
In accordance with this event on the basis of Russian heraldry on the 17th of March 1785 the first Omsk national emblem was created and approved by the empress Ekaterina Alekseevna.
In the year 1822 the important event for Omsk has become the creation on the territory of Siberia two independent districts : Western Siberian and Eastern Siberian.
By the governor-general’s decision P. M. Kaptcevich it was Omsk that had been chosen the permanent residence for governor-general.
At the same time the governor-general made the petition asking the government about the transfer from Tobolsk to Omsk the main Western Siberian governance that occurred few years later.
Omsk became the main Western Siberia’s city with the subjection of Tobolsk and Tomsk provinces and Semipalatinsk oblast to it.
By the beginning of the 19th century Omsk became the centre of trade and agricultural science.
The construction of Trans- Siberian main line has given a strong impulse to the development of the city.
Omsk merchant class was under development, foreign concessions and majors were appearing.
Cereals, oil, fish, fur, clothes made of fur and leather wereare exported.
After the October 1917, the city became the political centre of Soviet rule in Western Siberia.
During the period of time from June 1918 to November 1919 Omsk was the residence of Russia’s supreme governor admiral A. V. Kolchak who declared Omsk to be the capital of Russia.
In the 20th-30th of the XX century Omsk remains to be the centre of Siberian agro-industrial complex, new production of farm machinery were under development.
In the years of Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, about 100 enterprises of metalworking, nutritional, tanning, textile, chemical and other sectors were evacuated in Omsk and Omsk region from front-line area .
From the mid of the 50th Omsk has become the centre of Siberia’s oil-refining industry and petrochemical industry.
From the beginning of the 90th in city’s economy was forming non-governmental sector.
In the 90th in Omsk was the period of formation market infrastructure; private enterprises, banks, financial investment companies, funds and so on were formed.
Omsk history in brief:
1716- I. D. Buchholz founded Omsk castle.
1765- A new castle was founded on the right bank of the Omi.
1782- Omsk castle under as a provincial city is attached to Tobolsk province.
1785- Municipal duma is established. Omsk is given the first national emblem.
1804- Omsk has become a district.
1813- Cossack academy is established, in the year 1846 it is called Siberian cadet corps.
1822- Omsk region is established.
1822-1918- Omsk is the centre of Siberian Cossack troop.
1825- Moscow highway passes Omsk. As a regional city Omsk has received its national emblem.
1828- Omsk experiment hamlet of Siberian Line Cossack troop is formed which is the first institute in Siberia (now it is known as SibNIICXos)
1836- Omsk is becoming circular city of Tobolsk province.
1838- Omsk region is abolished, Omsk is becoming a district. The centre of Western Siberian district has been transferred to Omsk.
1850-1854- F. M. Dostoevski is staying in Omsk jail.
1858- Omsk is given the third national emblem.
1863- Female gymnasium is established.
1868- The city has become the centre of Almolinsk region.
1872- The first teachers’ seminary is opened in Siberia.
1874- Drama theatre is established. Male gymnasium is established.
1877- Western Siberian department of Russian Geographical society is opened.
1882- Omsk is the centre of Steppe territory and Akmolinsk region.
1889- The first free public library is opened (beginning from 1899- Pushkin library).
1896- Regular traffic has been fixed on Siberian main line.
1907- The first automobile appeared in Omsk.
1911- The fist Western Siberian agricultural, forest and trade exhibition took place.
1914- There are 1028 commercial establishments and 183 enterprises in Omsk.
1916- Musical school is opened. Omsk is the largest city in Siberia and the 2oth in Russia.
1917- Soviet rule is established in Omsk.
1918- Akmolinsk region is renamed in Omsk region. Agricultural institute is established which is the first institution of higher education in Omsk (beginning from 1996- Omsk state agricultural university).
1920- Omsk province is formed.
1924- Local history museum is opened. Together with local history museum there appeared art gallery.
1928- Universal primary education is introduced. The strongest flood in the city’s history occurred. The circus is opened.
1929- Airport commission. Road institute is established.
1934- on the 7th of December Omsk castle is formed.
1937- The theatre for adolescent audience is opened.
1942- Machinery building institution is established (then it is polytechnic institute and beginning from 1995 it is known as Omak state polytechnic university).
1944- Region’s museum of Fine Arts is opened.
1947- The theatre of music comedy is opened.
1950- On the basis of technical school the institute of physical culture is established (beginning from 1995 it is known as Siberian state academy of physical culture).
1951 Russian national chorus is established.
1955- Television studio starts working.
1967- Omsk took first place in the competition of urban park.
1974- Omsk state university is established.
1977- New pioneers’ and students’ palace is opened.
1980- Omsk state joint historical and literature museum is established.
1981- The theatre of music comedy moved into a new building and obtained the status of Musical Theatre.
1985- The Museum of Military Glory is established. Cultural-athletic complex “Green land” was solemnly opened.
1986 – ACC “Irtysh” started functioning.
1990- Youth Palace is opened.
1991- The museum “Omsk Art” is established.
1991- The Museum of Urban Life is established.
1995- Light show fountain is opened.
2005- Metro bridge across the Irtysh River is opened.
|Omsk histrory according to official information
|This information was kindly provided by the Administration of Omsk, and was translated by Xenia Polushkina.|
Omsk is the city in Russia, administrative center of Omsk region.
It is situated on-site of confluence of the Irtysh and the Om River.
It has an area of 572, 9 square kilometers.
Its population is 1, 131 million people on the borders of municipal formation (in the year 2008, that is the 2nd place in Siberia, the 7th place in Russian Federation) and 1, 240 million people in agglomeration.
The head of the authorities is Victor Shreider.
Dialing code is + 7 3812.
Postal code is 644.
OKATO code is 52 401.
Automobile code is 55.
Time zone is UTC+6, in summer UTC+7.
GSM cellular carriers are: MTC (public corporation “Mobile System”), Bilain (public corporation “Vimpelcom”), TELE 2 (close corporation “Siberian cellular communications”- only 1800MHz), MegaPhone and one operator of standard CDMA-450 – “Skylink” (close corporation “Astarte” in Omsk region).
The first Omsk fortress was founded in 1716 by Cossack troops under the command of I. D. Buchholz who started expansion and strengthening of Russian Empire’s borders according to the personnel decree of Peter I.
It served as the barrier from wanderers’ attacks.
Up to the year 1797 it was a stockaded town.
In XIX century Omsk firstly became the centre of Western Siberian and then Steppe district (Steppe area) that embraced the most part of Western Siberia and north part of modern Kazakhstan.
In the year 1825 V. Geste made up the project of Omsk general plan using primary city’s plan of 1770 as the basic.
Primary idea about schematic regular layout of neighbourhood with wide straight streets got further development and improvement.
Having developed the original type of city’s neighbourhood with middle size of 220*120 m the architect used his design for the purpose of considerable territory increase of the city adding new dwelling zones.
In neighbourhood’s apartment block the architect sorted out the areas for parish churches and trade.
In the centre of the south part of the city there supposed to be the square with cathedral and Gostiny Dvor.
On the 28th of January 1829 the architect corrected Omsk general plan and it was affirmed by the emperor and from the moment of confirmation it has become the leading basis of city’s architect development for several decades.
Beginning from 1850 to 1854 the writer Fedor Mikhailovich Dostoevskii was imprisoned in Omsk.
His impressions on imprisoning the writer described in the book “Memoirs from the dead house”.
In the years of Civil War Omsk was at first the residence of Provisional Siberian government (at the head of P. V. Vologodskii), then it was the residence of Provisional All-Russian government (at the head of N. D. Avksentev) and then it became the residence of Russian government of the Supreme Governor admiral A. V. Kolchak.
In the years of Civil War Omsk was the capital of White Movement of Russia.
Today Omsk consists of 5 administrative districts, they are Centralnii, Sovetskii, Kirovskii, Leninskii, Oktyabrskii.
In cities’ rating of economic attractiveness made in the beginning of the year 2008 by AK&M agent for the order of Business FM Omsk was in the top five.
In June 2008 according to Forbes’ journal rating Omsk was in the top 20 of Russian cities where conditions for business development are created.
The existence in the city of big enterprises many of which were evacuated during the years of World War from European part enables the city to be called one of the largest industrial centers of the country.
The basis of city’s industry is represented by petrochemistry enterprises: “Omsk oil-refining factory”, public corporation “Omsk rubber”, public corporation “Omsk tyre”, public corporation “Carbon black factory”, “Omsk polymer” Co Ltd; by aerospace industry enterprises: giant federal public unitary enterprise “production association “Polet””(the production of carrier rocket Kosmos-3M, spacecrafts), by machine building enterprises: “Omsktransmash”(the production and maintenance of the tanks like T-80, tractors production), federal public unitary enterprise “Omsk motorbuilding P. I. Baranov association” (aeronautical motorbuilding), public corporation “Omsk aggregate factory” (produces washing machines “Sibir”) and by radio electronics enterprises: public corporation “A. S. Popov radio factory”, production association “Irtysh” and so on.
Beginning from the year 2006 the first factory in Russia producing pollution-free fuel from cereals – bioethanol is being build in Omsk.
Numerous enterprises of light and food industry are located in the city.
Among which there are so well-known enterprises as “Inmarko”, “Omsk bacon”, “ROSAR” (it belongs to public corporation “SAN InBev, up to the year 2007 they are known under the name of SUN Interbrew), produces beer “Sibirskaya Korona”, “Bagbir” and so on, distillery “Osha” (it produces such beer as “Pit”, “BisonBir” and so on), distillery “Omskvinprom” (it produces such vodka as “Pyat ozer”), “ManrosM” factory (it belongs to public corporation “Wimm-Bill-Dann”- it produces provision) and others.
Culture and leisure-time.
Omsk is a cultural city which numbers 16 museums (the oldest one is Omsk local history museum that was founded in the year 1878), 13 theatres (the oldest of which are Academic drama theatre and Musical theatre), 16 Omsk institutes of higher education and 5 branches of institutes of higher education.
Besides here exist Omsk State Circus, the theatre of children’s and youth stage “Studio D+”, 4 amusement parks and the park of Omsk’s 300 is being build now, 14 cinemas.
The names of such famous cultural figures as the writer Martinov Leonid Nikolaevich, the painter Vrubel Michail Aleksandrovich, the writer and literary critic Annenskii Innokentii Fedorovich and the writer Rozhdestvenskii Robert Ivanovich are closely connected with the history of Omsk.
Among the contemporaries there are People's Artist of USSR Ulyanov Michail Aleksandrovich, People's Artist of Russian Federation Polichuk Lubov Grigorevna, miniaturist designer Konenko Anatolii Ivanovich (is booked in Guinness Book of Records).
Local History Museum
F. M. Dostoevskii Literary Museum
M. A. Vrubel Museum of Fine Arts
The Museum Complex of Soldiery Glory of the residents of Omsk.
The City Museum “Omsk Art”
Kondratii Belov Museum
Art Museum “Liber Centre”
Museum of Theatre Art
Interior Administration Museum of Omsk region.
Gallery “Square” (pavilion “Flora” of Sovetskii district)
The Dormition Cathedral’s Museum
Puppet show’s Museum
Exhibition square “Flora”
Hall of organ and chamber music
Concert hall of regional philharmonic society
Omsk academic drama theatre
Omsk state chamber theatre “Fifth Theatre”
Omsk state musical theatre
Omsk state theatre of puppet, actor and mask “Harlequin”
XX years of Leninskii Komsomol Omsk region theatre of young audience
Local drama theatre “Gallery”
Local drama theatre L. Ermolaeva “Studio”
A. Goncharuk studio theatre
Creative circle “Dva teatra”
Youth theatre “Tretii krug”
Omsk institutes of higher education:
Dostoevskii Omsk State University (OmGU)
Omsk State Technical University (OmGTY
Omsk State Pedagogic University (OmGPU)
Omsk State Agrarian University (OmGAU)
Omsk State Communication Lines University (OmGUPS)
Siberian State Physical Culture University (SibGUFK)
Siberian State Automobile Academy (SibADI)
Omsk Ministry of Home Affairs of RF Academy (OmA MVD)
Omsk State Medical Academy (OmGMA)
Omsk Tank Engineering Institute (OTII)
Omsk State Service Institute (OGIS)
Omsk Economical Institute (OmEI)
Omsk Jurisdiction Institute (OmUI)
Omsk Humanitarian Institute
Omsk Region Educational Workers’ Training Institute
Omsk Foreign Languages Institute “In-Yaz. Omsk”
All-Russian extramural Finance Economical Institute (Omsk branch) (VZFEI)
Budget and Exchequer Russian Federation Academy of Ministry of Finance (Omsk branch) (ABiK)
International Institute of Economy and Rights (Omsk branch) (MIEP)
Novosibirsk State Academy of Water Transport (Omsk branch) (NGAVT)
Sochi State University of Tourism and Health Resort Business (Omsk branch) (SGUTiKD)
Sovetslii amusement park
“Green Land” amusement park
30 years VLKSM amusement park (central park)
30 years Victory park
Actor’s home cinema
Film Art Centre “Continent”
Maluntceva Recreation Centre
“Sibiryak” Recreation Centre
“Zvezdnii” Recreation Centre
Hockey team “Avangard” – “Omsk Yastrebi” successfully represents the city in Continental Hockey League.
Woman’s volleyball club “Spartak” that was playing in the lowest country’s divisions in the year 2007 reached Russian volleyball’s Super League.
In 2007-2008 season “Spartak” was turned into Omichka and also changed playing hall “Ermak” to V. Blinov Sport and Culture Complex (its roominess is 5500 places) which previously was “Avangard’s” hockey club home arena before “Arena Omsk” was build.
“Omichka” is playing in major league “A” Russia’s championship.
Football club “Irtysh-1946” (the suffix 1946 has recently appeared after the bankruptcy of the previous football club).
It’s famous for the fact that for several years its president has been the father of famous footballer Dmitrii Sichev Evgenii Sichev.
In accordance with the city hall’s decision in the year 2008 Evgenii Sichev was dismissed because of the team’s bad performance.
In the past years the team didn’t take higher place than the 3rd place in the bush league.
In the year 1946 the team took the first place in the championship for the last time.
Annually beginning from the year 1990 every first Saturday of August “Siberian International Marathon” (SIM) took place.
In the year 2008 the 19th Siberian International Marathon gathered 16 000 participants from 14 countries.
This immense activity is becoming more and more popular each year.
Among popular contemporary city’s sportsmen are: twice Olympic Games champion of box Alexei Tichenko, champion of the world, prize winner of the Olympic Games 2004 of rhythmic gymnastics Chachina Irina Victorovna, Champions of the Olympic Games in Beijing 2008 of gymnastics Evgeniya Kanaeva and Margarita Aliichuk.
Moreover the swimmer Roman Sludnov on the Olympic Games in Beijing 2008 set Russia’s record in breaststroke swimming on 100 m and set European’s record in combined baton 4*100m.
Anton Ryahov and Evgenii Salahov became the participants of the competitions’ final on kayak-paddling.
All Omsk sportsmen are alumni of state specialized sport centers on box, rhythmic gymnastics, swimming, yacht club that were created in the region beginning from the year 2001 at the initiative of governor Leonid Polezhaev.
Large Omsk sport facilities:
Stadium “Krasnaya Zvezda” (its roominess is 18 000 people);
Arena “Omsk” (its roominess is 10 200 people);
V. Blinov Sport and Culture Complex (its roominess is 5 500 people);
Riding hall “Krasnaya Zvezda” (its roominess is 3 000 people);
Hockey centre “Avangard” (its roominess is 700 people) and others.
Two train stations that are situated nearby are functioning in Omsk and form land side: “Omsk- Passenger” and “Omsk- Surburban”.
Both train stations have just been reconstructed and are in conformity with European standards.
Airport “Omsk-Central” is functioning in Omsk.
Airport building is being repaired at the moment.
But such measures from the side of the public corporation’s administration “Omsk Airport” are in conflict with Omsk region government’s interests who are planning by the year 2016 finish building of abandoned 30 years ago airport “Omsk-Fedorovka” that is combined with modal junction situated 30 kilometers from regional centre.
Federal government refused financing the project but regional authorities promised to find private investor. But still nobody knows who it will be.
Besides, the information about the airport’s load is restricted.
At present the cargo traffic and passenger traffic of existing airport is small.
Each day it receives not more than 9-10 flights.
Surface transport is widely spread in the city: trolleybuses, buses, trams, fixed-run taxis.
Local authorities are trying to replace fixed-run taxis by buses.
There are no tramlines in the historical centre of the city.
According to the general plan of Omsk development there should be considerable enlargement of tramlines both on the left and on the right bank of the Irtysh.
In the year 2008 capital reconstruction of Ordzhonikidze Street with tramline reconstruction was done and in the year 2009 large-scale renewal of tram park is planning to take place.
Subway is being build in Omsk at the moment.
In the year 2008 the startup of the first stage was planned but it failed to occur because of the financial disorder (the drift from Omsk “Sibneft” plays not the last role).
Because of the world financial crisis the introduction date of the starting area is again remitted, this time for the year 2012.
4 stations are planning to be opened in the first stage: “Pushkin Library”, “Zarechnaya”, “Kristall”, “Sobornaya”. Riverside station is situated in the centre of the city which has not been used according to its intended purpose for a long time already.
Bus station is situated on the left bank and it is being reconstructed.
Traffic across the waterway is provided by 10 different bridges: 4 road bridges are functioning across the Irtysh River: 60 years VLKSM, 60 years Victory bridge, Leningradskii, Uzhnii bridge and 1 bifurcate railway bridge; 4 road bridges are functioning across the Om River: Ubileinii, Komsomolskii, Frunzenskii, Oktyabrskii and 1 railway bridge.
Kazakhstan consulate is located in Omsk (beginning from the year 2005) and also Armenia consulate (beginning from the year 2008).
|b>Translation by Helen Urazova|
Lodz (The Republic of Poland)
The cooperation and consolidation of friendly relations between the cities of Omsk and Lodz began on August, 2, 2008, with signing of the Report of the results of the meeting between Omsk city (The Russian Federation) Mayor Mr. V. F. Shreider and Lodz city (The Republic of Poland) vice-president Mr. H. Rosyak. Lodz city, founded in XIII century is the center of Lodz voivodeship (province) and the second largest city of Poland. It is located at the center of the country, 120 kilometers to the north of Warsaw. Lodz is a center of Polish textile and electronic industry. The population of the city is 770 thousand people. Lodz is known as a city of splendid theatrical tradition and with good reason is considered the capital of Polish cinematography.
Gdansk (The Republic of Poland)
To expand trade and economic cooperation and to develop of cultural relations between Omsk city and the city of Gdansk, on August, 2, 2008, there was signed a Report of the results of the meeting of Omsk mayor Mr. V. F. Shreider and Gdansk city vice-mayor Mr. M. Lisitzky This Report initiated the cooperation and friendly relationship between Omsk and Gdansk.
Gdansk was founded in 997. Its population is almost half a million (457,6 thousand people in 2006), a naval capital of Poland, a large economic, scientific, and cultural center, and a popular center of tourism. As it is located on the southern shore of the Baltic Sea, the city for centuries played a key role in exchange of commodities between Northern and Western Europe and the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. Nowadays Gdansk is the capital of Pomeranian voivodeship and an important administrative center.
Simferopol (The Ukraine)
In order to set up partnership and develop cooperation in economic, social, cultural, scientific areas, and in the spheres of healthcare and education, on August, 4, 2008 a Report of intentions to establish partner relations between Omsk city (The Russian Federation) and Simferopol city (The Ukraine) was signed.
Simferopol, founded in 1784, is a capital and the largest city of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. It is located at the center of the Crimea Peninsula upon the Salhir river. The population of the city amouns to 361 thousand people. Simferopol is a major transport nodal point, administrative, economic, and cultural center of republican importance. Mechanical engineering, food and light industries are the main branches of industry in the city.
Puchov (Slovak Republic)
As a result of effective cooperation between Slovac “Matador” company and Russian JSC “Omsktyre” and after the foundation of the joint enterprise CJSC “Matador-Omsktyre”, on April, 23, 1996, Mayors of Omsk and Puchov (Slovak Republic) signed Partnership and Cooperation Report, which established sister-city relations between Omsk and Puchov.
On May, 27, 2002, a Partnership and Cooperation Agreement was signed between the two sides. On May, 25, 2007, there was signed Partnership and Cooperation Agreement between Omsk (The Russian Federation) and Puchov (Slovak Republic).
Puchov was founded in 1243. Its population is about 30 thousand people. It is known as a world-level tyres manufacturer (JSC “Matador”), and a center of light industry (“Makita” company)
Petropavlovsk (The Republic of Kazakhstan)
On May, 27, 2003, a Report of intentions between the administration of Omsk city and Akimat of Petropavlovsk city was signed. On July, 12, 2003, an Agreement of Partnership and Cooperation between the cities was signed.
Petropavlovsk was founded in 1752. Its population is about 194 thousand people. It is an administrative, business, and cultural center of North Kazakhstan region. High pace of development was reached at the production of alimentary products, wood processing and production of wooden articles, gas, water, power generation and distribution.
Pavlodar (The Republic of Kazakhstan)
On August, 4, 2007, a Partnership and Cooperation Agreement between the administration of Omsk city (The Russian Federation) and the Akimat of Pavlodar city (The Republic of Kazakhstan) was signed in an effort to expand mutually beneficial trade and economic cooperation and realize joint industrial and investment projects.
Pavlodar was founded in 1720. Its population is 330 thousand people. It is an administrative center of Pavlodar region in North-Eastern Kazakhstan. There are petroleum refinery, aluminium, metallurgical, machine building and tractor plants in the city.
Karlovy Vary (Czech Republic)
On February, 10, 2006, a Report of intentions between the administration of Omsk city and mayor's office of Karlovy Vary city was signed with a view to expand cooperation and set up partnership between the cities.
Karlovy Vary was founded in 1350. Its population is about 56 thousand people. It is the largest and the most famous resort of Czech Republic, a town of romantic architecture and renowned colonnades with their healing springs, a site of international film festivals and congresses, a center of production of glass, china, “Becherovka” liqueur, and “Mattoni” mineral water.
Jinju (The Republic of Korea)
On April, 18, 2006, a Report of intentions to establish partner relations was signed between the cities of Omsk and Jinju.
In October of 2006 a Joint Statement about further development of relations between the cities was signed. On August, 4, 2007 an agreement of establishing of sister-city relationship between Omsk city (The Russian Federation) and Jinju city(The Republic of Korea) was signed.
Jinju city was founded in II century BC; its population is 340 thousand people. It is one of historical, cultural and educational centers of South Gyeongsang Province (The Republic of Korea). The city has developing industrial infrastructure that includes a large transport nodal point, silk manufacture and bioengineering. The motto of Jinju city mayor’s office is the following: “A new hope is new Jinju”
Kaifeng (People’s Republic of China)
On August, 4, 2007, a Report of intentions to establish partner relations between Omsk city (The Russian Federation) and the city of Kaifeng (People’s Republic of China) was signed in an effort to establish and develop partner relations.
Kaifeng city, founded 2700 years ago, is one of strategic cities of Henan province. It is situated in the central part of China. Kaifeng is a large industrial center with total population of 4,82 million people. It is one of seven historical cities of China, the largest center of distribution of commodities, an agro-industrial, cultural, and tourist center of the central part of the country.
Kaifeng is a city of chrysanthemums. Every year in October a festival of chrysanthemums attracts devotees of flowers from all over the world.
Intermunicipal Partner Relations of Omsk City
On June, 6, 2000, an Agreement about trade and economic, scientific and technical and cultural cooperation was signed between the administration of Omsk city and the mayor’s office of Kaliningrad city.
To activate the relationship between the cities and for their qualitative expansion, on July, 1, 2006, an Agreement about trade and economic, scientific and technical, and cultural cooperation was signed between the cities.
Kaliningrad city was founded on July, 4, 1946. Its population is over 425 thousand people. The city is an administrative, industrial, and cultural center of Kaliningrad Oblast. It is Russian open gate to Western Europe, the largest Russian transport nodal point, a center of exchange of commodities, technologies and investment.
On July, 5, 2001, an Agreement about trade and economic, scientific and technical and cultural cooperation was signed between the administration of Omsk city and the mayor’s office of Novosibirsk city. With a view of activation of partner relations between Omsk and Novosibirsk an Agreement was signed between the administration of Omsk city and the mayor’s office of Novosibirsk city.
Novosibirsk city was founded in 1893. Its population is over 1,4 million people. It is an industrial, scientific and cultural center, and the largest transport nodal point of Russia. Many regional departments of Siberia, such as the departments of railroad, river craft, aviation, hydrometeorological service, geology, science and culture, and diocesan government are located in the city.
Mechanical engineering, electric power engineering, metallurgy, and food industry are the key branches of industry. At the moment there is a residence of interregional association “Siberian Agreement” that unites 19 entities of Asian Russia; the executive management of the Association of Siberian and Far Eastern cities is also located there. On May, 13, 2000, by a decree of the President of the Russian Federation Novosibirsk city was conferred the rank of the Main Siberian city, center of Siberian Federal district that unites 16 subjects of the Russian Federation.
On November, 11, 2002, an Agreement of Cooperation between the administrations of the cities of Omsk and Chelyabinsk was signed to set up partner relations between the cities on the basis of mutual interest in achievement of goals of the municipalities.
Chelyabinsk was founded in September of 1736. Its population is over 1 million people. It is am actively developing South-Ural center of metallurgical, manufacturing, textile and clothing industries, food, leather production, and wood processing.
Source: Omsk city Administration